"A drama-free, stress-free and gossip-free work environment is essential to become a highly effective Black educator."
Welcome back to The Black Scholars Podcast, a community for Black and Brown educators and scholars. On episode 46, we continue the Becoming an Effective Black Educator series, as I discuss why you should avoid the teacher's lounge, how it impacted my career, and what I do with that time instead. The purpose of this episode is to help you maximize your time, protect your energy, and be at your best for your respective scholars. The teacher's lounge aka the zoo is a nasty place to be at most schools. Stay away.
Your thoughts and questions are welcomed. Join the show by leaving a voicemail message about the podcast or any of the content discussed on the podcast. I look forward to hearing from you all.
Shop Black Scholars Clothing™ with promo code SCHOLARS for 15 percent off. Thank you for your support.
The Black Scholars Podcast is now available on YouTube. Please subscribe.
Thank you for being a part of the community. Please tell your colleagues about the show, subscribe to the show, and leave a review.
All e-mail inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, or Spotify.
2. Leave a review via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, or Spotify.
3. Share the podcast with social media, friends, and colleagues.
4. Subscribe to the YouTube channel. Turn on notifications.
5. Support the show via Patreon (donate anywhere from $1 to $100). To help the growth of the show, develop future professional development events, a nationwide conference, seminars and more, please support us. Your contribution will be rewarded with early access to new content, free merchandise, exclusive promo codes to Black Scholars Clothing™, consulting services, advertisement spots, and more. Thank you for being a part of the tribe. You are appreciated.
6. Shop Black Scholars Clothing™ where there are various hoodies, t-shirts, tank tops, and other apparel. Your support is appreciated.